Components of Gratification
We all want to go to bed in the evening and believe we have done a good job. It's a bonus to find fulfillment in our vocations and hobbies. Heck, it's nice to get a pat on the back if not from someone else then at least from our own selves. The following are the psychological components of Gratification:
- The task is challenging and requires skill. We are stimulated toward growth.
- Concentration. A focus on the task at hand
- Clear goals. We can measure our progress and completion
- Immediate feedback.
- Deep, effortless involvement. Some call this being in the "flow".
- A Sense of Control. We can participate in the outcome
- Sense of Self. The ego gives way to gift.
- Time stops. This is when time "flies"
Be gratified this day in all that you do…