Social Media Guidelines
Social media is changing the game in how we relate and how we work. How to use it appropriately is still being explored.
Here are some of the official guidelines for social media at Intel.
If you participate in social media, please follow these guiding principles:
- Stick to your area of expertise and provide unique, individual perspectives on what's going on at Intel and in the world.
- Post meaningful, respectful comments—in other words, no spam and no remarks that are off-topic or offensive.
- Always pause and think before posting. That said, reply to comments in a timely manner, when a response is appropriate.
- Respect proprietary information and content, and confidentiality.
- When disagreeing with others' opinions, keep it appropriate and polite.
Finally, Intel strives for a balanced online dialogue. When they do moderate content, they moderate using three guiding principles:
The Good, the Bad, but not the Ugly.
If the content is positive or negative and in context to the
conversation, then they approve the content, regardless of whether it's
favorable or unfavorable to Intel. However if the content is ugly,
offensive, denigrating and completely out of context, then they reject