Resilient people are characterized by actions, events and experiences which collectively embody the qualities that enable one not only to overcome what others may experience as disasters, but to utilize such experiences to bounce back to an exhilarating resolve. We can?t stop change but we can choose how we respond to it. The really good news is that resilience is not an inborn personality trait, but a set of skills and attitudes that can be learned, dynamics that provoke our ability to bounce and thrive.
Here are some of the dynamics of resilience:
- Resilience is knowing the nature and ramifications of the changes we experience
- Resilience is engaging the ramifications of change with courage and honesty
- Resilience is navigating life with an unwavering resolve to succeed
- Resilience is perceiving success as living out the core reason for who they are
- Resilience is embracing uncertainty and finding unexpected, untapped opportunities
- Resilience is relating richly with others for support in tough situations.
- Resilience is allowing mistakes to provide the fuel for innovation
- Resilience is living effectively in the moment; and leveraging opportunities